An ANZ Banking Museum was opened in the lower ground floor of the former ES&A Bank in 1985. It was established to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the granting of a Royal Charter to the Bank of Australasia. A major refurbishment of the banking museum was undertaken in 2007, however it is understood to have relocated at the same time as ANZ.
In 2020, the site is being further redeveloped, with the link between the three historical buildings once again being renewed. The glass atrium is being removed and the three buildings will be linked by a series of four ‘Campiellos’ or outdoor courtyards and laneways.
E.S.&A. Bank, corner of Collins and Queen Streets, Melbourne, exteriors, photographed by Wolfgang Sievers, 1952
Source: State Library of Victoria, H2003.100/43